Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My first post

I know this is the lamest title for a blog post, but I don't really know where to start. So I guess this will mostly be a "getting to know me" post, for those who don't already know me.

So let's start with the basics. My name is Mary. I am married and have one child, a little boy who is almost 4. I am a stay-at-home mom and I live in NY. Not the city, the state. I really am not fond of people who assume NYC because I say I live in New York. If it were up to me (and a few others I know) New York City would become it's own state.

Also, if it were up to me, I think a lot of things would be different. Same sex marriage would be legal in all 50 states, with all of the benefits of marriage. I see no reason that gay couples should not be allowed to adopt, or be miserable like a lot of heterosexual married couples.

Marijuana would be legalized and taxed. Think of how much money the government could make off of potheads. Those with medical conditions would be able to get the prescription-grade pot like they are now in states where it's legal, and there would be less potent pot for recreational smokers.

OK, I think that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment