Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Being grateful

Gratitude seems to be a thing of the past. Most people today (especially younger adults or children) don't know how to be grateful about what they have. It always seems to be that people want more. While striving to make yourself and your life better is a good thing, it's also important to recognize what you have.

I have an awesome husband. We have had our ups and downs, but he is trying to be a better person. He's trying to work on things that caused trouble for us in the past, as am I. He's working on showing that he cares, rather than just hoping I know. I am also trying to be a better wife for him, whether it's making his lunch the night before, or just asking him and genuinely listening to how his day was.

I have a wonderful son as well. Sure, he gets on my nerves some days, what toddler doesn't? But he is a caring child. He is smart and funny, and makes my bad days worth trudging though so that I can get to a better day. I have a great house, a semi-soft bed, and many other things to be grateful for, including my health.

It's easy to say "well, I wish I had this," but how many people appreciate what they have? Leave a comment with something you're grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment